Lynn Hastings, the United Nations humanitarian aid coordinator in Palestine, said on Tuesday, “Nowhere in Gaza is safe, there is no place left for the people of Gaza to take refuge.”
Gazans have nowhere to go. They had to flee from the north of the valley to the south in the face of Israel’s threats. This time it is being asked to move from south to further south. In the meantime, Israeli forces have started a ground operation in northern as well as southern Gaza since Monday. Besides, indiscriminate aerial bombardment has been going on since the beginning of the conflict.
Since October 7, 17,170 people have been killed so far in Israel’s attack on Gaza. 70 percent of them are women and children. At the same time, the number of Palestinians killed in the West Bank is more than 250.According to Gaza Government
A seven-day ceasefire in Gaza ended last week. A few days later, the Israeli army began a ground operation in southern Gaza. Residents of Khan Yunis said that Israeli tanks entered the eastern part of the area for the first time. They are located in the Bani Suhaila and Hamad City areas. Israeli government spokesman Elon Levy told reporters, “We are now moving into the second phase of the war.” This step is going to be difficult.
Israeli forces have divided their operations in Gaza into phases, but the brutality has never abated. Since October 7, 17,170 people have been killed so far in Israel’s attack on Gaza. 70 percent of them are women and children. At the same time, the number of Palestinians killed in the West Bank is more than 250.
Various organizations, including the United Nations, have highlighted the deplorable conditions of the residents of Gaza. According to Martin Griffiths, the UN’s emergency relief coordinator, Gaza is facing an “apocalyptic” situation. Philip Lazzarini, head of the United Nations refugee agency UNRWA, said that the area where the people of Gaza have been asked to leave is less than one-third of the entire valley.